What an OUTSTANDING job our students did at the 2016 FBA Marching band festival! I am very proud of the performance and pride that our students displayed. You're hard work over the past several months payed off with earning of an overall SUPERIOR rating! Thank you to all of the parents that attended and helped in all of the various capacities.
Now we are in the final week of competition season. With this last week, the Mighty Black & Gold will be in performance four times.
Tuesday night, we will head over to Gulf Breeze High School to perform in the 4th annual Santa Rosa County Marching Band Exhibition. This exhibition is simply to give everyone from MHS, Navarre, Pace, Gulf Breeze, & Jay High School Bands a chance to see and celebrate each band's performance as we don't really have a chance to see each other perform during the marching season. There are no judges and admission is FREE. All band will march in together at 6:30. Performance order will be determined with a draw out of a hat. The itinerary is below. If you would like to chaperone, please click HERE.
We will also be in performance Friday Night at Navarre High School. the Itinerary is below. Call time is 5pm. If you would like to chaperone, please click HERE.
Our final two performances will take place at Choctaw HS for the Emerald Coast Marching Band Competition. The itinerary is below. The first performance at 2:45 is for comments only from the adjudicators. The second performance at 7:30 is a full on competition between bands. I have attached a copy of the schedule of bands. Admission is $8/ $5 for ages 5-9/ Free - ages 4 and under. Call time for Saturday is 10:30. If you would like to chaperone, please click HERE.
In other news, we have extra Blackwater classic shirts as well as the light-up wrist bands on sale at the band room. Shirts are $10 and the wristbands are $3. The wristbands come in an assortment of colors. Shirt sizes and wristband colors are on a first come first served basis. We will have these at the BPA meeting on Monday night if you would like to purchase on then or you can send in your money with your child and we will give it to them. This paragraph was a struggle to make sure that I spelled shirts correctly LOL!
- 6pm-9:30 - Full Marching Band Rehearsal (Final Monday Marching Band Rehearsal)
- 7pm - MHSBPA Monthly Meeting
- Santa Rosa County Marching Band Exhibition @ Gulf Breeze HS
- 3:30 - Eat at the Band Room (Papa Johns Pizza Provided)
- 4:30 - Depart for Gulf Breeze HS
- 5:30 - Arrive/Unload
- 6:30 - Mass March-in
- 6:45 - 8:30 - Performances
- 9pm - Depart GBHS
- 10pm - Arrive/Unload/Dismiss
- 4pm-6:30 - Winds/Percussion Rehearsal
- 6pm-8:30 - Colorguard Rehearsal
- Away Game vs Navarre
- 1:30 - Pep Rally
- 5pm - Call Time/Depart
- 6pm - Arrive/Unload at Navarre
- 7pm - March-in
- 7:30 - Kickoff
- 10pmish - Depart
- 11pmish - Arrive MHS/Dismiss
- 5:30-9:30 - Bands on Blackwater (Volunteer by clicking HERE)
- Emerald Coast Marching Band Competition @ Choctaw HS
- 10:30 - Call Time/Stretch
- 11:30 - Depart for CHS
- 12:30 - Arrive CHS/Unload
- 2pm - Warm-up
- 2:45 - FIRST PERFORMANCE
- 3pm - Pack instruments
- 3:15 - Dinner (Meal Deal Provided)
- 3:30 - 5pm - Watch Bands
- 5pm - Eat Concessions on your own
- 5:45 - Meet back at buses/change into uniforms
- 6:45 - Warm-up
- 7:30 -SECOND PERFORMANCE!
- 7:45 - Load Truck/Return to watch remaining bands
- 9pm - Awards Ceremony
- 10pm - Depart for MHS
- 11pm - Arrive MHS/Unload/Dismiss
Looking Ahead to Next Week:
Mon - No Classes
Fri - Bands on Blackwater
Together We Are THE MIGHTY BLACK & GOLD!!