I want to give an even bigger thank you to my amazing committee! Kelly Henrichsen, Tony Pietsch, Rhonda Harris, Ray Gentry, Candy McGuire, Tomena Rollo, and Lisa Schofield, you are some incredibly special and hard-working individuals and we are all so blessed to have been able to use your talents to build this crawfish festival into the success that it was!
Just to give everyone some preliminary numbers from the event:
These are all estimates
- We had 1,100 pass through the gate totaling $5,500 to the BPA!
- Pastor Webb from 1st Apostolic went through 2,500 pounds of crawfish
- There was $994 worth of sales at the kids zone
- We had $138 in donations
- Adding that plus T-shirt sales, drink sale, and concessions, the BPA made almost $11,000!!!
So, as you can tell, your hard work has paid off enormously! BTW, we didn't have a single negative report from any of our vendors....or really anyone period with the exception of when the crawfish ran out, but that was fixed pretty quickly thanks to Mr. Weaver making a tip to Mobile to pick up another 500 pounds of crawfish! Thank you Mr. Weaver!
This week you'll notice a few new things we are adding to get ready for next year, both of which are on Thursday. First, we are giving our new and returning percussion students a hard start for next year with a percussion interest camp. This camp will get students started with basics on both battery and front ensemble equipment so they can be ready by June instead of July. The camp will be this Thursday, next Thursday, and Thursday, May 12th and 26th. We are also beginning the Colorguard Audition Camps scheduled for every Thursday starting this week all the way to Thursday, May 26th. This camp is meant to get basics in hand for both new and returning students. The colorguard camp is open to ANY student interested in participating in guard.
- 3:45-6pm - Concert Band Rehearsal
- 4pm-6:30 - Symphonic Band Rehearsal
- 5pm - Take down tent
- 5pm-8pm - Percussion interest Camp
- 6pm-8:30 - Colorguard Audition Clinic
- 6th & Final Fair Share Payment ($100)
- Street Jazz Band Performance for Santa Rosa Employee of the Year Banquet @ Olive Baptist Church
- 5:30 - arrive and set up under your own transportation @ Olive Baptist
- 6pm - 6:30 Perform as employees arrive
- 6:35 - National Anthem
- Pack up and leave immediately following
Looking Ahead to Next Week:
Mon - Concert Band
Tues - Symphonic Band
Thurs - Symphonic Band, Percussion interest Camp, Colorguard Audition Camp
Fri - State MPS (Symphonic Band)
Together We Are THE MIGHTY BLACK & GOLD!!