And now it comes to this, the final week of football marching band :-( Can you believe it has been 6 months already? I want to thank all of you for your hard work this year and for everything you accomplished. Thank you parents for giving us such wonderful young adults to teach and be a part of this family. Also, to all of the parents that have helped in each way this season, thank you! We aren't completely done with marching band just yet as we do have the Veteran's Day parade next Friday the 11th and the Christmas parade on December 3rd.
Please be very aware of the schedule for this week as it is Homecoming week. You will see that there is a specific uniform for each performance. Here is an easy breakdown of what uniform to wear on which performance:
Tuesday Escapades - Show Shirts/Blue Jeans
Thursday Pep Rally - Full Uniform
Friday HC Parade - Summer Performance Uniform (White Polo/Black Shorts)
Friday HC Game - Full Uniform
For the Escapades on Tuesday night, any and all are welcome to come as this will be the first time we get to see our homecoming court, class skits, and participate in the pep rally immediately afterwords.
Speaking of Homecoming court I would like to congratulate Breanna Adams, Akiya Bradley, Melissa Scott, and Destine Taylor for being nominated for the court! Students will vote on Wednesday and we will find out at the game on Friday who will be our 2016 HC queen.
Students, if anyone is interested in participating in the Black Gold Percussion Ensemble this year for indoor, John has put a list on the percussion room door for you to sign-up. Please do so by Thursday.
- 3rd Uniform Payment Due (45)
- 5th Winds/Percussion Fare Share Due ($75)
- 5:30 - Meet for Escapades (Wear Show shirt and Blue Jeans!)
- 6:30 - 9pm - Escapades (Wear Show Shirt and Blue Jeans!)
- Homecoming Pep-Rally (Wear Full Uniform)
- 1pm - Dismissed to change into full uniform
- 2pm - Pep Rally
- 4pm - 5:30 - Final Marching Band Rehearsal :-(
- Homecoming Parade (Wear Polo Shirt and Black Shorts)
- 9:15 - Meet at Band Room
- 9:30 - Bus over to King MS
- 10:30 - Parade Begins
- 12pm - All students released to go home
- Homecoming Game vs PC Arnold
- 6pm - Call Time
- 6:30 - March in
- 7pm - Homecoming Pregame Events
- 7:30 - Kickoff
- 10:30ish - March-out/Dismiss
- Daylight Savings Time Ends - Move clocks back 1 hour at 2am
Looking Ahead to Next Week:
Mon - MHSBPA Meeting, Concert Band Scale Pass-offs
Tues - Election Day, Concert Band Scale Pass-offs
Wed - Concert Band Scale Pass-offs
Fri - Veteran's Day Parade
Together We Are THE MIGHTY BLACK & GOLD!!