Welcome to the most important week of concert season for the Mighty Black & Gold!! This week, the Symphonic and Concert Bands will be in performance at Ft Walton Beach HS for the 2020 Florida Bandmasters Association Concert Music Performance Assessment. It is extremely important that all students are in attendance at school, all rehearsals, and of course the performances. I highly encourage all family and friends to attend and show your support for our amazing young adults! These concerts are FREE. These students have been working hard and are ready to show off for you!
The FBA itinerary is below. Please be advised that do to policies, we are having trouble acquiring 4 buses to take the concert and symphonic band to FWB. The itinerary below may change. Right now, we have 2 buses. If we are not able to get 2 more buses, we will change the itinerary so that the concert band will leave on those buses, do the performance, ride back to MHS, drop off the concert band, then pick up the symphonic band for their performance. We will let you know before Thursday which itinerary will be used.
If you are attending the band trip this year, please make plans to attend the required meeting this Tuesday at 6:30pm in the band hall. We will be going over everything you need to know about the trip!
Finally, we are still in need of fair shares to be up to date. The final fare share of $50 is due very soon. Please get these up to date ASAP!
That is all for now. I hope all of you have an outstanding week!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the following student according to Charms:
Mason Kellner - Today (Sunday)
4pm-6pm - Concert Band Rehearsal
6pm-9pm - IP Rehearsal
4pm-6pm - Symphonic Band Rehearsal
4pm-7:30 - Guard Rehearsal
6:30 - General Trip Meeting
FBA CONCERT MPA
- 1pm - Call Time
- 1:15 - Depart for FWBHS
- 2:15 - Arrive FWBHS/Concert Band Unload/Symphonic Band Seated in Auditorium
- 3pm - Concert Band Warm-up
- 3:30 - Concert Band Perform/Sightreading
- 4pm - Cocert Band Sight Read/Symphonic Band Load bus.
- 4:30 - Concert Band Meet for Ratings/Concert Band Load Bus
- 4:45 - Both Bands Depart for dinner
- 5pm-6:15 - Dinner
- 6:30 - Symphonic Band Unload at FWBHS/Concert Band Seated in Auditorium
- 7:15 - Symphonic Band Warm-up
- 7:45 - Symphonic Band Perform/Sightreading
- 7:45-9:15 - Concert Band watch 3 band performances
- 9:15 - Depart for MHS (Students may check out at this point)!
- 10:15 - Arrive MHS/Unload/Dismiss
9/11 Papers Due
Indoor Show at D'Iberville HS, Mississippi
- 3:18 - Black Gold Percussion Ensemble Performance (See John for complete itinerary)
Looking Ahead to Next Week:
Mon - Band Trip Student Meeting, IP Rehearsal
Tues - MHSBPA Monthly Meeting, Guard Rehearsal
Wed - Band Trip
Thurs - Band Trip, End of 3rd Nine Weeks
Fri - Band Trip
Sat - Band Trip
Together We Are THE MIGHTY BLACK & GOLD!!!